How to Write a Cover Letter
A Cover Letter is your personal letter to describe your skills and indicate that you have researched the position you would like to apply to the employer.
Therefore, make sure you DO NOT start the letter with the words ‘To whom it may concern’ or ‘Dear Sir/Madam’. You need to know specifically the name of the person who manages the hiring of your job application.
Information Required in the
- Your name and contact
- Name and address of your employer
- Opening remarks by mentioning the name of the person who manages the recruitment of the position you are applying for, for example, “Dear Ms Cheng” and make sure you do not use the words “Hi Ms Cheng”.
- Reference the position you are applying for.
- A brief introduction to why you are sending the cover letter.
- A paragraph on why you are eligible to fill the vacancy offered and describe some of the experience and skills relevant to the position you are applying for.
- Inform the employer about your personality that can help the employer to work with you.
- Close with information on how they can contact you.